Quectel EC21 is an LTE category-1 module optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications. It delivers power-enhanced perfor-mance and M2M-optimized speeds of 10Mbit/s downlink and 5M-bit/s uplink, and features low-power, low-cost LTE connectivity. These make it ideally suitable for numerous IoT applications that are not rely on high speed connectivity but still require the longevi-ty and reliability of LTE networks.
EC21 is fallback compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+ UC20 module and multi-mode LTE EC20 module in the compact and unified form factor. EC21 contains 5 variants: EC21-V, EC21-A, EC21-E, EC21–AUT, and EC21-AUTL. This makes it backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, which ensures that it can easily migrate from LTE to 2G or 3G networks.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Linux, Android/eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M and IoT appli-cations such as metering, wearable devices, digital signs, industrial routers, tracking and tracing, fleet management, smart home gate-ways and even drones.
● Low-cost, low-power LTE connectivity optimized for broad-band IoT applications
● Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE cover-age
● Compact SMT form factor ideal for small end products with tight space and extended operating temperature range
● GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
● Embedded power management unit (PMU) featuring ultra-low deep-sleep current consumption