Quectel EG91 is a series of LTE category 1 module optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications. It features cost-effective and low power LTE connectivity, and delivers M2M-optimized speeds of 10Mbit/s downlink and 5Mbit/s uplink. These make EG91 an ideal solution for numerous IoT applications that are not reliant on high speed connectivity but still require the longevity and reliability of LTE networks.
EG91 is fallback pin-to-pin compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+ UG95, UG96 and Cat.M1/Cat.NB1 BG96 modules. This makes it backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, ensuring that it can easily migrate from 2G/3G to 4G networks.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows 7/8/10, Linux, Android) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M and IoT applications such as smart metering, wearable devices, environmental monitoring, asset tracking, fleet management, security and alarm systems, and so on.
● Cost-effective and low-power LTE connectivity optimized for broadband IoT applications
● Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
● Compact SMT form factor ideal for size-constrained applications with extended operation temperature range
● Embedded power management unit (PMU) featuring ultra-low deep-sleep current consumption
● Simple migration from 2G/3G to 4G with a flexible and scalable platform